"Laughter is brightest where food is best"- Irish Proverb

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Post! Recipe: Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

Hello all! My first post is going to be a recipe I tried for dinner tonight. I had never made chicken enchiladas before so this was a new experience for me. What a WONDERFUL ONE! They turned out great! My critic said it was the better than Jose Peppers... but he might be a tad bias since he is my husband ;-). Here is the recipe! Enjoy!

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas


Ingredients:
1 medium yellow onion
2 jalapenos
2 tbl butter
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken 
8 oz cream cheese ROOM TEMP
Salt and Pepper
1 Table Spoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
1/2 Teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon of cumin
8 Flour Tortillas
Large can of green enchilada sauce
8 oz monterey cheese
2 jalapenos


**First step would be to bake your chicken. 2 big pieces of chicken breast should be plenty. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Let cool. Shred by hand with two forks.


1. Saute onion and jalapenos in butter in large non stick pan over medium heat until soft (about 7-10 minutes). 

2. Remove pan from heat. Add shredded chicken to onion and jalapeƱo mix. Cube your cream cheese in to smaller pieces and add also.



3. Season mixture with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, cumin, and paprika.


4. In a 9X13 glass pyrex pan, pour 1/2 of your can of green enchilada sauce to bottom of pan.


5. Evenly distribute mixture between the 8 tortillas. I would say a heaping 1/3 of a cup in each burrito. Add small handful of cheese on top. (Don't use too much... you want enough left to top the enchiladas) 


6. Arrange all enchiladas in pyrex pan on top of enchilada sauce. Pour 1/2 of can of enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas. Top with the remainder of cheese.


7. Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes. (Until mixture is hot on inside)


Serve with mexican rice and beans. Enjoy :-)




3 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you on babycenter.com and just commented on one of your posts as Elsie1725. Thought I'd check out your blog while I was at it. I'm due December 24th myself.

    I love to bake and somewhat like to cook to a lesser extent as well. This recipe looks awesome, but I'm vegetarian. I'm sure I could make a vegetarian version... I will let you know how it turns out if I try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please do!!! YUM YUM... I think veggie enchiladas could be FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuhhuhummm!!! Savannah these were delicious :) I will have to try some of your other stuff now.

    ReplyDelete