"Laughter is brightest where food is best"- Irish Proverb

Saturday, January 29, 2011

I am BACK! And in FULL Swing: Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes

Hi yall! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. We welcomed our little boy Briar Austin November 30th and my world has been turned upside down ever since then... in a good way of course :-)

I made this recipe around the holidays and it turned out GREAT! What appealed to me about it was how EASY it was! Having a new baby in the house... easy was all I could handle at the time... and these were just what I was looking for! These make wonderful party desserts.

Ingredients:

2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
2 20z Cans of Sliced Pineapple
1 18.25 Package of Pineapple Cake Mix
3 Eggs
1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
12 Maraschino Cherries

1. Combine brown sugar and butter. Mix well. Spoon into 2 large greased cupcake pans (there should be 12 spots in each pan).

2. Drain Pineapple and reserve juice. Place one ring of pineapple into each cup.

3. Combine cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and 1 cup of the reserved pineapple juice. Mix well.

4. Spoon cake mixture into each muffin cup... filling 2/3 of the way up.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.

6. Immediately invert onto wire rack to cool

7. Place cherries in the middle of pineapple ring.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment